How to Join
As a prospect, you are invited to attend one meeting before making your decision as to whether to join.
Our yearly membership dues are $40, which you pay when you join online at www.mochamoms.org. The $40 covers
the at-large membership as well as membership for one chapter. If you would like to become a dual-chapter
member, the cost is $60 for the year. There are four other Illinois chapters: Chicago Central, Chicago
Beverly, Chicago Southland (South suburbs), Fox Valley (West suburbs), and Will County (Joilet).
Email our chapter president at mochamomschicago-owner at yahoogroups.com for details or questions!
"All that support our mission and platforms are welcome!"
- Is this just an organization for women of color?
- Mocha Moms welcomes people of all religions, races, educational backgrounds and income levels. It is open
to anyone who supports our goals.
- What are the requirements for membership?
- The requirements for membership are minimal, just $40 for yearly dues.
- Is this just a playgroup for the kids?
- While Mocha Moms does provide support through field trips for our children, its primary purpose is as a
support group for moms, so there is a heavy focus on the moms. Of course, children are always welcome to our
support group meetings. In fact, many of the events will actually involve or be geared toward the children.
We provide the "village" upbringing that it takes in order to cultivate and to develop socially competent, emotionally confident, well-rounded individuals!
- What types of activities do Mocha Moms do?
- Mocha Chairmoms plan a variety of activities for our moms and their families. These range from activities for our
Cocoa Cubs and Family Outings, to our bi- weekly support meetings. Many of our moms especially look forward to our Moms Night Outs and Exhales — both provide a chance for us to gather as moms, let our hair down and enjoy the fellowship that comes from being
real with other women who are in the same parenting season of their lives.